Enjoy browsing, but unless otherwise noted, these houses are private property and closed to the public.
So don't go tromping around uninvited! CTRL-F to search within the page.

USModernist USModernist USModernist USModernist

Five Fields is a community of approximately 60 contemporary homes located on Barberry Road, Field Road, Stonewall Road, and Concord Avenue. It was designed and developed by The Architects Collaborative of Cambridge and built following the success of their Six Moon Hill Development. The 80-acre parcel which TAC purchased was originally part of the Cutler farm which extended on both sides of present-day Route 2. The farmland was divided by stone walls into five fields, thus giving the development its name. Part of the Cutler Barn foundation was incorporated into the basement of the pre-fab contemporary home at 502 Concord Avenue, constructed in 1958. Ground was broken in 1951 and by 1957 all of the lots had been sold. Originally, three house types were built: a one-story house for flat sites, a two-story version of the same model on steep slopes, and a split-level appropriate for gentle slopes. Later plans allowed more opportunities for custom design but were more expensive. The original Five Fields houses had vertical redwood siding and pitched roofs and resembled variants of the Ranch style. Almost all of the houses have been modified.

1952 - 15 Field Road, Lexington MA. Sold in 2023 to Yu Le.

1955 - 3 Stonewall Road, Lexington MA. 2933 sf, 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. Sold to Nicholass Broembergen. Sold in 2000 to Paige Kohler. Sold in 2013 to Christopher McGuinniss. Sold in 2017 to Luis and Lucy Alvarez.

1956 - 6 Barberry Road, Lexington MA. 2603 sf, 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Second story added in 2000. Sold in 1974 to Suzanne Owen. Sold in 1994 to Sally Bowie. Sold in 2022 to Kiwon Shin.

1956 - The Leon and Lilah Grossier House, 510 Concord Road, Lexington MA. 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. Distinguished by its steel frame construction. Featured in Better Homes and Gardens, May 1958. Detached garage added.

Sources include: Lexington MA Document Center.