WILLIAM KECK (1908-1995)
GEORGE FRED KECK (1895-1980)
William Keck was born in Watertown WI. He and his brother George developed the "House of Tomorrow" for the 1933 Chicago World's Fair. He married Stella, and they had a daughter, Margaret.
George Fred Keck was born in Watertown WI and studied engineering for a year at the University of Wisconsin and later at the University of Illinois. Starting in the 1920s, he worked for D. H. Burnham and Schmidt Garden Martin. He started his own practice in 1926, and was joined by his younger brother William five years later. Keck became a pioneering designer of passive solar houses after realizing that the all- glass "House of Tomorrow" was warm inside on sunny winter days prior to the installation of the furnace. Following this he gradually started incorporating more south-facing windows into his designs. Keck taught architecture at IIT in Chicago and was the head of architecture there until 1942, appointing Ralph Rapson as his successor. Rapson also worked in George Keck's office during this period. The University of Illinois in 1980 awarded the two brothers its first Illinois Medal in Architecture, given in recognition of a lifetime of professional dedication and excellence.
Their firm designed 300 solar homes throughout the Chicago area, Wisconsin and Michigan. They also created pre-fab houses that could be erected in three days.
1926 - The Hans Goebler House, 1326 Thomas Avenue, Watertown WI. Sold in 2018.
1926 - The Harry A. Smith House, Wilmette IL.
1926 - The R. R. Canterbury House, Highland Park IL.
1926 - The John Wyllie House, Vernon, Glencoe IL.
1926 - The Aitken House, Deerfield IL.
1927 - The S. P. Bradley House, Watertown WI. Unbuilt.
1927 - The Cruger Apartment Building, 127 Virginia Avenue, Elmhurst IL. Sold in 2001.
1927 - The Newton B. Lauren House, Flossmoor IL.
1927 - The J. Alton Lauren House, Flossmoor IL.
1927 - The Jennings House, Flossmoor IL.
1927 - The Seggebruck House, Chicago Heights IL.
1927 - 915 Seneca Road, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL. Developed by Bills Realty. Keck and Keck designed 27 residences between 1927-1936. This first house was built in the English Medieval style. Sold in 2012 to John Wieland.
1928 - The Gaines House, Wilmette IL.
1928 - The M. O. Hopkins House, 1267 Berkley Court, Deefield IL. Sold in 2008 to Glenn A Zagon. Sold in 2018 to Jill Falcon.
1928 - The Brown House.
1928 - The Roy C. Toomus House, Downers Grove IL.
1928 - The Bradford Gill House.
1928 - The F. W. Bills House, 922 Seminole Road, Wilmette IL. Tudor Revival house designed for one of the three Bills Realty brothers. Sold in 1998 to Dale Davison.
1928 - The J. W. Pearson House, Wilmette IL.
1928 - The Roy F. Best House, Wilmette IL.
1928 - The H. E. Steel House 1, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The R. Dierker House, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The J. Willis House, Jackson, Chicago IL.
1929 - The Reisner House, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The Charles N. Evans House, 2822 Blackhawk Road, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL. Sold in 1998 to Donna Lee Trotter. Sold in 2004 to Maryann B. and Andrew A. Shafter. Sold in 2006 to 2822 Blackhawk Series Chestnut Prop Series LLC. Sold in 2010 to Michael and Lisa Charpentier.
1929 - The Devine-Mueller Apartment, Eggleston Avenue, Chicago IL.
1929 - The E. P. McLean House, Holland MI.
1929 - The Eisenbrand House, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The H. E. Steel House #2, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The J. H. Prentice House, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The M. A. Follansbee House, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The B. F. Bills House, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The W. W. Holmes House, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The J. C. Tucker House, Center Avenue, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The Leighton-Steich House, Wilmette IL.
1929 - The E. E. Graham House, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL.
1930 - The C. E. Holzworth House, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL.
1930 - The Carlson Brothers House, Big Bear Lake, Polk County WI.
1930 - The S. B. Williams House, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL.
1930 - The E. L. Perkins House, Wilmette IL.
1930 - The Pat Keating House, Wilmette IL.
1930 - The Ralph W. Wagoner House, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL.
1930 - The Frank Warren House, 1140 Romona Road, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL. Sold in 1940 to Charles Ziebath. Sold in 1942 to Harold Sullivan. Sold in the early 1960s to Raymond Kaiser. Sold in the 1980s to John Marquardt. Sold in 2000 to Daniel and Alexandra O'Malley. A new wing was added which included a new master suite, library and an extended lower level. Also added, an outdoor pool, expanded the kitchen and renovated the baths. Sold in 2012 to Michael Collins Hudson.
1930 - The Arthur Stanten House, 1014 Pontiac Road, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL. Sold to Robert Greening. Sold in 2007 to Gregory Lawton. Sold in 2009 to Gregory Beitel.
1931 - The L. Byron Nash House, 66 Indian Hill Road, Indian Hills Estates, Winnetka IL. According to Robert Boyce, the house was an "all white, plastered, cubic, and angled structure." The Kecks designed additions for Hollis Baker in 1949. Destroyed around 2004. New house built in 2005.
1931 - The Fred W. Jameson House, 2734 Blackhawk Road, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL. Sold in 2002 to Richard Rogoff.
1931 - The W. W. Ross House, 2806 Blackhawk Road, Indian Hills Estates, Wilmette IL. Sold in 1995 to Robert and Mary Vihon. Sold in 2021 to Brooke and Jeffrey Holmes.
1931 - The Otta A. Schultz House, Wilmette IL.
1931 - aka the Ladies Home Journal Summer House.
1931 - The John W. Keck House, East Water Street, Watertown WI.
1932 - The James D. Peterson House, Cherokee Road, Wilmette IL. Unbuilt.
1933 - aka House of Tomorrow, Chicago IL. Built for the 1933-1934 Century of Progress exposition. Purchased by developer Roger Bartlett, who bought 4 other houses at the expo, hoping to turn the houses into a new vacation destination. Bartlett moved the house by barge from Chicago to 241 West Lake Front Drive, Beverly Shores IN. The Depression thwarted the development plan and the house was sold to the Miller family and then to other private parties until the land became part of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, a unit of the the National Park Service, which raised funds to restore the house. In May 2022 a group of students from LaPorte County Career and Technical Education Center in Michigan City started work on the house.
1933 - The Albert B. Leigh House, aka the Roger Noonan House, 901 Spring Street, Kaukauna WI. Sold to Paul Moze.
1933-1934 - The Isabel Bates House, Barrington IL.
1934 - aka The Crystal House, Chicago IL. Built for the 1933 World's Fair, "A Century of Progress." The house was one of five from the exhibition that were relocated to the residential enclave of Beverly Shores, Indiana, where it still stands.
1934 - The Federal Service Model Farm House. Designed for the 1933 World's Fair, "A Century of Progress." Unbuilt.
1935 - The E. L. Wilde House, 305 Elizabeth Street, Watertown WI. Sold in 2016 to Gregory and Monica Udelhofen.
1935 - The Wallace Buffmire House, 2400 Lawndale Avenue, Evanston IL. Sold in 1997 to Michael and Barbara Cashion. Sold in 2016 to Joe Krouse and Megan Dunne.
1935 - The Morris A Mueller House, 9225 South Pleasant Avenue, Beverly Hills, Chicago IL. Sold in 1936 to Warren G. Taylor. Sold to Thomas Trinley. Sold in 2016 to Julian Silva.
1935 - The Beryl R. McNabb House, Oakley Avenue, Chicago IL. With Robert Tague, draftsman.
1935 - The Joseph Kaszab Jr. House, 1105 Locust Road, Indian Hill Estates, Wilmette IL. Sold in 1999 to John Stogin Jr. and Laurie Stogin. Sold in 2021 to Ross McClennan.
1935 - The Albert E. Chapman House. Phoenix AZ.
1935 - The J. W. Garretson House, Kenilworth IL. Robert Tague, draftsman at the time assisted in drawing this home. He later collaborated with Ralph Rapson, another draftsman Keck employed, to oversee the architecture curriculum at the Institute of Design (later IL Institute of Technology).
1935-1936 - The Herbert Bruning House, 2716 Blackhawk Road, Indian Hill Estates, Wilmette IL. The last home to be designed in Indian Hill Estates before WWII. Possible additions/renos by Keck in the mid-1950s for William B. Morse. For sale in 1954 (which is when Morse was the possible owner), again in 1977, and in 1996. Sold in 2000 to Daniel and Sara Cohan.
1935-1936 - The Grace Stafford and Margaret Southwick House, aka Cedar Bluff Cottage, aka The Girl's Cottage, Lake Michigan, Northport MI. The cottage was commissioned in 1935, overlooking Lake Michigan. It had water, but no electricity, used a Franklin stove, and was shingled.
1936 - The Arthur F. Trebilcock Remodel, 2513 Chamberlain Avenue, Shorewood, Madison WI. Mr. Trebilcock was president of Borden's Diary. Shorewood refers to Shorewood Hills, about a mile from the house on Chamberlain.
1936 - The Harley MacNair Remodel, 5533 South Woodlawn Avenue, Chicago IL. Original construction date, 1895. Previously owned by Professor F. T. Carpenter. Sold to Professor Robert K. Burns. Sold to James Hozhauer.
1936 - The Bertram J. Irma Cahn House, 303 South Green Bay Road, Lake Forest IL. Previous address was 270 South Western Avenue. Built on a 30-acre tract at the northeast corner of Green Bay and Westleigh Roads. Originally a one-story summer house commissioned by Mrs. Bertram Cahn, who named it "The House for the Day After Tomorrow" (based on Keck's "House of Tomorrow" for the 1933 World's Fair). Constructed of glass and a steel frame sheathed in stucco. Renovated and hugely expanded in 1996 with the addition of a deluxe second story, pool, spa, patio bar, and 5-car garage. Interior design by John Regas. Sold in 2004 to Rajul Bhalala Living Trust.
1936 - The A. G. Crandall House, Griffith IN. Featured in Architectural Record, May 1937.
1936 - The Perry Construction Co. House, aka North Keller House, Chicago IL. Status unknown.
1936 - The Perry Construction Co. House, aka Alman House, Chicago IL. Status unknown.
1936 - The Olsen House, Palos Park, Chicago IL.
1936 - The Frank Murphy House, 50 Irving Avenue, Chicago IL. Status unknown.
1936 - The Franklin R. Overmyer House, 10001 Hoyne Avenue, Chicago IL. Keck and Keck book lists original owner as "R. F. Overmyer." Sold in 2013 to Joseph Doss. Sold in 2020 to Alberto Reyes and Monica Lara.
1936 - The J. W. Hanahan House, Chicago IL. Status unknown.
1936 - The Harvey Robinson Remodel, Lawrence Avenue, Chicago IL. Status unknown.
1936 - The Joseph Sendecke House, Hoyne Avenue, Chicago IL. Status unknown.
1936-1937 - The Edward W. Morehouse House, 101 Ely Place, Madison WI. Morehouse was a Professor of Economics at the University of Wisconsin. Standard wood framing. The building terraces down in similar manner to the "House of Tomorrow." Double hungs were put in at the insistence of Mrs. Morehouse instead of the typical casement. Pockets above windows were intended to conceal exterior aluminum. Sold to Diane Bless.
1936-1938 - The William H and Mary Fricker House, 146 North Case Street, Whitewater WI. Street name may have changed. The Frickers were both professors at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. Photos from the Wisconsin Historical Society.
1937 - The James Kasdan House, 10 Hawthorn Hill, Louisville KY. Status unknown.
1937 - The Willard Bellack House, 1112 East Forest Avenue, Neenah WI. "The Bellack House steps up from symmetrical one-story cubes at each end to a two-story cube at center. These cubes are made of stucco-covered steel panels and topped with flat roofs, so that the entire composition looks as if it were made of building blocks. Over the wings, the roofs form decks, enclosed by pipe rails, a nautical touch popular for modernistic houses. A tripartite picture window with a ladder-like series of squares running vertically down the center pierces each of the three building blocks. Although Keck did not develop a passive solar design here as he later did for some clients, he fitted the windows with external aluminum Venetian blinds that roll up into overhead pockets by means of a worm gear operated from inside" (description from the Wisconsin Historical Society). Sold in 2016. Sold in 2021 to David and Rebecca Gutbrad.
1937 - The Keck-Gottschalk-Keck Apartments, 5551 South University Avenue, Chicago IL. Photos are of unit #2. Later additions by Keck in 1947, 1951, 1952, and 1956.
1937 - The Nurse's Home for Forest Lawn Sanatorium, Jefferson County WI. The facility closed in 1956. Presumed destroyed.
1937 - The Mrs. L. B. Nash House, Oahu HI. Presumed unbuilt.
1937 - The Mr. A. L. Cash House, Ogden Dunes IN. Presumed unbuilt.
1938 - The Lewis Norman House, Ogden Dunes IN. Presumed unbuilt.
1938 - The Claude Smith House, Lombard IL. Status unknown.
1938 - The F. W. Bills Remodel, Wilmette IL. Status unknown.
1938 - The Margaret Southwick/Louise Eberlein Remodel, Stevens Point WI. Status unknown.
1938 - The L. Byron Nash House, Northpoint Point, Northpoint MI. Presumed unbuilt.
1938 - The C. E. Sorenson House, Hillside, Barrington IL. Status unknown.
1938-1939 - The B. Lamar Johnson House, 701 South Moss Street, Columbia MO. Built. Status unknown.
1938-1939 - The Roger Hammer House, 227 Reddingdale Drive, New Castle IN. Sold to Karolyn S. Gregory.
1939 - The F. W. Bills House, Genesco IL. Status unknown.
1939 - The Edward Kayser Remodel, Wilmette IL. Status unknown.
1939 - The Margaret Southwick House, 31 Sunset Trail, Ogden Dunes IN. One of two known completed homes in Ogden Dunes designed by Keck and Keck. Sold to John and Judith Skafish.
1939 - The Nelson and Helen Reck House, 58 Shore Drive, Ogden Dunes IN. One of two known completed homes in Ogden Dunes designed by Keck and Keck. Sold to David and Cheryl Tarpo.
1939 - The J. R. Buchbinder House, Fish Creek WI.
1939 - The Warden Apartment Hotel Remodel, 908 First Avenue South (21 South Ninth Street), Fort Dodge IA. Remodel of a 1920s apartment hotel by Des Moines architects Damon, O'Meara, and Hills. The building has been vacant and crumbling for about a decade. A 2016 plan to revitalize it seems to be stalled.
1939 - The William Fisher Remodel, 904 Clark Street (950 Clark Street), Stevens Point WI. Sold in 1955 to Mr. Foote. Sold to C. Stratton Martin.
1939 - The L. C. Twitchell Remodel, 5719 Harper Avenue, Chicago IL. Original house is an 1885 Victorian; no details or confirmation of remodel. May have been converted to apartments. Sold to Justin Shelton Osadjan. Sold in 2015 to Everly Macario.
1939 - The R. Rippberger House, 618 Melrose Avenue, Kenilworth IL. Sold prior 2007 to Emily Nugent. Sold in 2014 to Catharine Bell. Sold in 2017 to Sandra Abrevaya and Brain Wallach.
1939 - The Dr. Anne Benjamin House, Dune Acres IN. Updates in 1949. Status unknown.
1939 - The Bills Realty Projects, Northbrook IL. 2 projects. Status unknown.
1939 - The Dr. Jack Buchbinder House, Peninsula Players Road, Fish Creek WI. South side of the road, about 3 miles south of Fish Creek.
1939-1940 - The William and Majel Kellett House, 1059 Brighton Drive, Winnebago County, Menasha WI. According to the Wisconsin Historical Society, "the building is constructed on a U-plan and the roof is flat. The roofing materials are unknown; the walls are board and batten on the second floor, stone on the first; and the foundations are concrete. The fenestration is asymmetrically balanced and the overall appearance is that of a ship." Sold to Richard Bruce Bergstrom. Sold to Bruce Toppan. Sold to Richard Popp and Amy Schmidt.
1940 - The William Kellett House, 1059 Brighton Drive, Menasha WI. Sold in 2018.
1940 - The Howard Sloan House, aka Solar House, 825 Glenview Road, Glenview IL. Keck's first solar build. Sloan then built a number of passive solar houses in a subdivision called Solar Park, which opened in 1941, building a significant "solar house" movement in the 1940s. William Keck claimed that the houses in Solar Park were designed by Keck and Keck, but evidence suggests otherwise. Sold in 2016 to John Francis Mitchell.
1940 - The William C. Powell House, Chatham Road, Glenview IL. Status unknown.
1940 - The John R. Dewson House, Libertyville IL. Status unknown.
1940 - The Donald Capps House, Stevens Point WI. Status unknown.
1940 - The F. B. Kinne House, Northbrook IL. Status unknown.
1940 - The Burt Donaldson House, Chatham Road, Glenview IL. Presumed unbuilt. May have been part of Solar Park; see the Sloan House, above.
1940 - The J. A. Hoefner House, Chatham Road, Glenview IL. Presumed unbuilt. May have been part of Solar Park; see the Sloan House, above.
1940 - The Joseph E. McKeown House, 714 Hunter Road, Glenview IL. Destroyed in 2013. New house built in 2018.
1940 - The Elsie Morrison House, 2510 Lake Shore Boulevard, South Milwaukee WI.
1940 - The O. C. Metzger House, Chatham Road, Glenview IL. Presumed unbuilt. May have been part of Solar Park; see the Sloan House, above.
1940 - The David L. Robinson House, Lockport IL. Status unknown.
1940 - The John W. Keck House, Solon Springs WI. John was George and William's brother. Status unknown.
1940 - The Coronet Magazine House. Published in the September 1940 issue. In 1944 Dr. Emile Quenneville of Quebec may have had one built. Status unknown.
1940 - The Elizabeth Rice House, 4209 Ridge Court, Stevens Point WI. Elizabeth's father was a longtime friend of the Keck family, so when she and her husband decided to build, he encouraged them to talk to George Keck. See the SAH Archipedia site for an article on the house. Sold to Robert and Marilyn Worth. Black and white photo by Mark Fay, Wisconsin Historical Society.
1940-1941 - The H. A. Simmons House, Dartmouth Place, Evanston IL. H. A. Simmons was a professor of mathematics at Northwestern University.
1941 - The John Angle House, Ripley Street, Gary IN. Unbuilt.
1941 - The Maurice Brasseur House, La Grange IL. Images from Wisconsin Historical Society; copyright Chicago History Museum.
1941 - The Hugh Duncan House, 1612 Sylvan Court, Flossmoor IL. Sold in 1999 to Gerald Scrutchions.
1941 - The Al Kusler House, Clam Lake WI. Clam Lake is in Gordon, Ashland County WI.
1941 - The U. S. Gypsum Company House, aka Trans-Duo. Presumed unbuilt. Images are from Architectural Forum no. 10, 1941.
1941 - The Stanley C. Stewart House, 519 Hunter Road, Glenview IL. Sold to Bruce Cohen. Photos from Historic Structures Survey Report, Village of Glenview.
1941 - The Jack Kinsey House, Pleasant Avenue, Highland Park IL.
1941 - The Frederick Fisher House, 356 Barberry Road, Highland Park IL. Original address was 1318 Eastview Road; road name was changed in 1950. Sold in 1996 to Kim and Lawrence Biernacki.
1941 - The A. M. Brown House, Woodpath Avenue, Highland Park IL. Either unbuilt or demolished.
1941 - The J. T. Fitzgibbons House, County Line Road, Highland Park IL.
1941 - The Lawrence Potter House, Summit Street, Wheaton IL.
1941 - The Arthur O. Missner House, 509 Hunter Road, Glenview IL. Solar House. Sold in 1979 to Rhoda Gena.
1941 - The Alfred H. and Mabel Buchner House, 737 Redwood Lane, Glenview IL. Mr. Buchner died in 1952, his wife the following year. Sold prior to 1960 to the Greggar Sletteland family. For sale in 1978. Sold in 2001 to Lisa Goosmann.
1941 - The Dr. H. O. Brown House, Glenview IL.
1941 - The Dr. J. H. Johnston House, Park Ridge IL.
1941 - The Arthur Carstens House, Spruce Avenue, Highland Park IL. Four houses on the street were built in 1940-1942.
1941 - The Richard Pulliam House, 825 East Morningside Drive, Lake Forest IL. Remodel in 1977 also done by Keck for Tim and Mary Matthews. Sold in the 1970s to Tim and Mary Matthews. Sold in 2004. Sold in 2008 to Richard and Amanda Small.
1941 - The John Bennett House, Cuba Road, Barrington IL. Possible address 25464 Cuba Road. Showcased in the March 1944 issue of Architectural Record.
1941 - The Stanley Fraser House, Chatham Road, Glenview IL. May have been part of Solar Park. Presumed unbuilt.
1941 - The J. E. S. O'Connell House, Hunter Road, Glenview IL. Solar House.
1941 - The H. W. Kadell House, 3135 Priscilla Avenue, Highland Park IL. Sold in 2018 to Jordon and Donna Varichak.
1941 - The Bradford Shank House, 1646 Sylvan Avenue, Flossmoor IL. Addition for Allan Goldberg by Keck in 1965. Photos and description from last sale: “One of Keck and Keck’s early passive solar designs w/ huge screened porch. Wood-burning fireplace. Open Living/Dining room. Mostly original features with mechanical updates (liveable now but offered as-is). A diamond in the rough!”Sold in 2012 to Robin Whatley, original house and extra parcel.
1941 - The Hans Greven House, 1628 Sylvan Avenue, Flossmoor IL. Sold to Bernard Pravdic. Sold in 2017 to Trina Potter.
1941 - The Pete and Kathy Keck House, 5713 North Lake Road, Oconomowoc WI. 1949 addition by Keck. Built for a brother and in the family until 2020; last family member to own was Audrey Keck, possibly Pete’s daughter-in-law. Sold in 2020 to Jeff and Winona Hughes.
1941-1942 - The Tork and Lucille Tenhune House, 500 Hunter Road, Meadowbrook Village, Glenview IL. Sold ca. 1980 to Judy Bjorling. Demolished in 2003 and new house built. Sold ca. 2005 to Larry Birkenmeyer.
1941-1942 - The S. Hirsch House, Grandview, Highland Park IL.
1942 - The Stella Nobis House, aka the G. W. Lindstrom House, 520 Hunter Road, Meadowbrook Village, Glenview IL. One of the Solar Houses featured in the March 1944 issue of Architectural Forum. A porch was added to the south side front of the home, likely to add some privacy. Massively remodeled in 2013. From the listing in 2021: “Redesigned and reconstructed to wrap around a thoughtfully placed interior courtyard. New in 2013: electrical, plumbing, architectural roof, hardy board exteriors, interior walls, windows, wood flooring throughout, all mechanicals, kitchen and bathrooms.” Sold in 1993 to Judith Farmer. Sold in 2021 Brendan and Kelly Glunz. Photos 1 and 2 from Historic Structures Survey Report, Village of Glenview.
1942 - The Harold E. Brown House, Redwood Lane, Glenview IL.
1942 - The Wesley Hansche House, Racine WI.
1942 - The Howard Sloan House, Redwood Lane, Glenview IL. Demolished. The Historic Structures Survey Report, Village of Glenwood (2008), reads: “One of the houses Keck did design in Solar Park was a second house for Howard Sloan. This second house featured one major new architectural element that would be seen on several of Keck's subsequent solar designs—inward-opening screened wood louvers placed below the windows, which allowed for constant ventilation without worry of insects or rain.”
1942 - The Federal Works Agency Project, #11113, Rockford IL. Solar House featured in the Rockford Morning Star, April 8, 1945.
1942 - The Payne W. Ranney Debolt House, Redwood Lane, Glenview IL. Presumed unbuilt.
1942 - The Martha Nordgren House, Pinnock IN.
1942 - The Celotex Company House. Keck created "A Design for Better Living" for the Celotex Corporation. Prefab design. Presumed unbuilt.
1942 - The Green's Ready-Built Homes, Rockford IL. In November 1941, Keck, Paul Schweiker, Winston Elting, and Theodore Lamb were selected by the Federal Works National Housing Agency to assist in designing defense housing. Green's Ready-Built was contracted in February 1942 to produce the Kishwaukee Homes Housing Project, built in an area southeast of Rockford IL. The nondescript, rapidly constructed houses were built between June and December of 1942 for defense personnel working in the area. Keck's involvement with the project was minor compared to that of Elting and Lamb. The project was completed in October 1943, but Keck continued his working relationship with Green as the designer of Ready-Built Homes. According to an article in the Decatur Herald, January 13, 1946, Keck designed the system of wall panels for assembly. The first model was assembled in 1945 in Bradley Heights, Rockford IL. Photos show a home constructed in 1945 in Rockford.
1942 - Happy Living House for Revere Copper and Brass Inc., aka The Home for Tomorrow. Prefabricated panel house.
1942 - The Dr. E. E. Graham House, Wilmette IL.
1944 - The Holton Houghey House, Coeur D'Alene ID.
1944 - The Alma B. Grimes House, Bates Street, Birmingham MI.
1944 - The Libbey Owens Ford House. "Your Solar Home" design.
1944 - The Ladies Home Journal House. From "A House in the Sun: Modern Architecture and Solar Energy in the Cold War" by Daniel A Barber: "Keck's design of July 1944, under the title ‘Water on the Roof,’ explored the insolation-deflecting capacities of a thin water membrane that he had explored in his prefabricated houses."
1944 - The Clinton P. Flick House, Waukeesha WI.
1944 - The W. K. Gilbert House, Mundelein IL. Presumed unbuilt.
1944 - The Don Ozman House, Mt. Prospect IL. 1949 additions.
1944 - The Charles E. Aldrich House, Kenney Street and Long Avenue, Morton Grove IL.
1944 - Container Corp of American, Circleville OH.
1944 - The Zellmer House, Waukesha WI.
1945 - The Ross Dority House, Ann Arbor MI.
1945 - The Tom Jones Remodel, Sheridan Road, Kenilworth IL.
1945 - The R. H. Macy Exhibition House, Herald Square NY.
1945 - The Donald Dusky House / House for Ingersoll Steel, Kalamazoo MI.
1945 - The Illinois Solar House for Libbey Owens Ford II, Kalamazoo MI.
1945-48 - The H. C. Taylor House, Indian Queen on the Potomac MD.
1946 - The Edward J. Matson House, Highland Park IL.
1946 - The Mademoiselle House.
1946 - The Robert and Mildred Lehner House, 215 William Street, Racine WI. Addition in 1950. From the Wisconsin Preservation Office (survey done 2008): “1-1/2 story, flat roof, irregular plan house with a combination of brick and vertical wood veneer. Large, fixed picture windows near main entrance wrap around to window wall on side elevation. Clerestory windows on lower level. Integrated garage, massive brick chimney, wide overhanging eaves, flat roof 2nd story section toward rear.” Sold in 2006. Sold in 2012. Sold in 2017.
1946 - The J. C. Meyer Remodel, Chicago IL.
1946 - The Ralph Ettlinger House, Sheridan Road, Highland Park IL.
1946 - The R. A. Weingardt House, West Hazel Dell, Springfield IL.
1946 - The Sydney (or Sidney) H. Davies House, Drury Lane, Northfield IL. Solar house. Status unknown.
1946 - The Margaret Yates House, Sawyer MI.
1946 - The Carl Milam House, Barrington Road, Barrington IL.
1946 - The H. L. Westerdale House, Webster Road, Detroit MI.
1946 - The Charles Huckins House, 541 West Grant Street, Hinsdale IL. House at 541 was demolished and a new house was built in 1993.
1946 - The Sidney C. Wohl House, Roger Williams Avenue, Highland Park IL. Assume unbuilt.
1946 - The Harold Croger Remodel, 230 Arlington Avenue, Elmhurst IL. Address has changed; presumed to be 231 Arlington Avenue.
1946 - The Russell Stamm House, 1409 Thatcher Avenue, River Forest IL. Keck and Keck's only house built in River Forest, and part of a historical survey done in 2013. There is a later addition to the home not by Keck and Keck, probably dated 1951. Sold to Elwyn Grimes. Sold in 2011 to Michelle Alexandre.
1946 - The Bern Miller House, Finley at Harding Road, Lombard IL. Presumed unbuilt.
1946 - The Burton Greenfield House, Highland Park IL.
1946 - The T. Friedlander House, Oconomowoc Lake, Okauchee WI.
1946 - The M. Lester Reinwold Remodel, South Blackstone, Chicago IL.
1946 - The N. Goldowsky Remodel, Meadow Road, Glencoe IL.
1946-47 - The Walter Matthias House, Inverness Road, Palastine IL.
1946-47 - The Joseph D. Krueger / A. Pielet House, 23 Lake View Terrace, Highland Park IL. Remodel/additions in 1951-55 and in 1969 for owner A. Pielet. Sold to Charles and Deborah Frank. 23 and 25 Lake View Terrace were demolished in 2002 to build a new house.
1946-47 - The Leslie C. Elson House, 415 Dell Lane, Highland Park IL. Book on Keck and Keck puts this on Sheridan Road, but the historic preservation plan written in November 2022 shows the Dell Lane address. Sold in 2017 to Michael Brown and Laura Carlson.
1946-47 - The L. A. Rauch house, 437 Marshman Street, Highland Park IL. Proposed alterations 1947-54. Sold in 2014 to John Panzica and Sharon Corse.
1946-47 - The Victor Chapman House, Grand Beach MI.
1946-47 - The Irving Cowan House, Fox Lane, Fox Point WI. Sold in 2013 to John and Paula Friedman.
1946-48 - Apartment Building for Perry Construction Co., Western Avenue near 110th Street, Chicago IL.
1947 - The Jerrold T. Kelly House, 218 Brinker Road, Barrington IL. House must have been demolished; street number does not exist and runs into the new fire protection district building.
1947 - The Ival Mainard House, Elgin IL.
1947 - The Harland New House, 311 Touhy Avenue, Park Ridge IL. This was built as a dental practice and house; practice was 309, residence 311, but same building. Now an apartment building. Sold ca. 2022 to Mustafa Safaa AL-Obaidi.
1947 - The Fred C. Roehl House, Oconomowoc WI. He was president of the F. C. Roehl and Co, a food canning operation, in Oconomowoc.
1947 - The Alexis J. Pashin House, 2515 Arrowhead Road, Indian Hills, Okemos MI. Sold in 2022.
1947 - The W. B. Perry Apartment Project, Phoenix AZ. Presumed unbuilt.
1947 - The H. Albert and W. Taylor Subdivision in Fairview, PawPaw MI.
1947 - The Grant Burman House, Polo IL.
1947 - The Milton Foster House, Watertown WI.
1947 - The William Spurgeon Remodel, Avingdon Street, Kenilworth IL.
1947 - The Lewis Krafft House, Irving Park Road, Elgin IL.
1947-48 - The Sam Loginsky House, Jackson Street, Glencoe IL.
1947-48 - The R. E. Wynbrandt, Sunnyside Avenue, Glencoe IL.
1947-48 - The John D. Spence House, 4N151 Briar Lane/224 Briar Lane, Bensenville IL. Almost 3,000 sf. The house was expanded between 1969 and 1973 by the second owners, who purchased a small lot to the north of the property. They built a new garage, converted the old garage into a family room, and added a third bathroom. The Mazan's were unsure if the Keck's were involved in the addition. Spaces are really well matched. The closets in the main bedroom were built on-site and in place. Floors have radiant heat. Sold in 1969 to Mr. and Mrs. Douglas Adams. Sold in 1994 to Daniel and Elizabeth Mazan. Sold in 2021 to Ronald and Janet Mroz.
1947-48 - The Phillip F Hartung Jr. House, Van Buren Avenue, Teaneck NJ.
1948 - House for Wilson Housing Company, E. Mason Street, Milwaukee WI.
1948 - The Howard A. DeMeyer House, Indiana Avenue, La Porte IN. Garage appears to be a later addition. Sold in 1992 to Geoff and Christine Thornton. Sold in 2018.
1948 - The Howard W. Roos House, Hinsdale IL.
1948 - The Wilson Housing Co. Triplex Solar House, N. Boyd Way, Fox Point WI.
1948 - The Fred Jensen House, Newman Road, Racine WI.
1948 - The Abel E. Fagen House, 1711 Devonshire Lane, Lake Forest IL. Sold to the McMahon Family. Sold in 2007 to Thomas Easton, who had planned to restore the home but due to illness sold at a loss in 2018. Sold in 2018 to Christopher Enck and Martha Skup. In 2021 the house was listed on the Register of Historic Places. Sold in 2022 to John Benoit and Sandra Neville.
1948 - The E. R. Hansberry Remodel, Crystal Lake IL.
1948 - The C. M. Huckins House, Hinsdale IL.
1948 - The Jack Gladman House, Muscoda WI. Presumed unbuilt.
1948-49 - The Alexander Schreiber House, 26474 Taylor Road, Barrington IL. There are no other properties in Barrington IL in the time period let alone on Taylor Road. Sold ca. 2000 to the Webster family. Sold to Jennifer Salems. Sold in 2008 to Michael Kelly and Robert Reinke.
1948-50 - The R. E. Wyndbrandt House, 1162 Hohlfielder Road, Glencoe IL. Remodeled by the Kecks in 1967 for Myron Segal. House was demolished and a new home built in 2010; photo is of replacement.
1948-1959 - The Co-Op Apartment Building, 5510 Woodlawn Avenue, Chicago IL. Built for Federal Housing Administration group known as the 5510 Woodlawn Co-operative Buildiing Corporation. Keck and Keck were tenant-owners as well as the architects of the building. Most of the tenant-owners were faculty of the University of Chicago, within walking distance. 20 apartments with 3-6 rooms each in a 3-story and English basement; two separate structures. Still standing. Photos of unit 401, 3 bedrooms/1 bath. Sold in 2022.
1949 - The Virgil Hoff House, Homewood IL.
1949 - The Robert Reagan House, 232 Windsor Road, Benton Harbor MI. Additions in 1959. Sold in 1995 to Wayne Shearier. Clippings from 1950 just after completion.
1949 - The Donald Hayworth House, Harrison Road, East Lansing MI.
1949 - The Sydney Dry Remodel, S. Bennett Avenue, Chicago IL.
1949 - The Ezra Levin House, 1109 West University Avenue, Champaign IL. Still owned by the Levin family.
1949 - The Hubert Green House, Goodenow Road, Beecher IL.
1949 - The Fred C. Yerges House, Waterloo WI.
1949 - The Raphael Katzen House, Stewart Road, Kenwood OH. Presumed unbuilt.
1949 - The Ed Whitehorn House, Northville MI.
1949 - The Sam Needelman and Johanna Newman House, Beverly Shores, IN.
1949 - The E. W. Green House, Roscoe IL.
1949 - The Lloyd Randall House, Sturgeon Bay WI.
1949 - The Avery O. Craven House, 23 Circle Drive, Dune Acres IN.
1949 - The E. E. Graham House, Colorado Springs CO.
1949 - The Elmer Kneip House, Lake Geneva WI.
1949 - The Lester J. Osterhuis House, Seitz and Midland Avenue, Mayville WI.
1949 - The M. F. Crowley House, Lopas Street, Menosha WI. Presumed unbuilt.
1949-50 - The Robert P. Wright House, Palos Hills IL.
1949-50 - The S. R. Garber House, 2939 West Catalpa Avenue, Chicago IL. Deeded to Alan Garber. Sold in 2020 to Julie Fritz and Travis Lee.
1949-50 - The M. Gross House, Gary IN.
1949-50 - The A. O. Berger House, Glencoe IL.
1949-51 - The Cooperative Housing Project, 5400 Dorchester, Chicago IL.
1950 - The Prairie Avenue Courts, Chicago Housing Authority, Chicago IL. Bordered by 26th and 29th Avenues and Martin Luther King Jr and Prairie Avenue. Prairie Avenue Courts was a Chicago Housing Authority Public Housing project in the South Commons neighborhood on the south side of Chicago. The first buildings were completed in 1952. They consisted of two-story row houses and seven- and fourteen-story buildings. In January 1955, the Chicago Housing Authority approved an additional 200 units. Between 1956 and 1958 an extension of the original buildings was completed. The new 13-story building opened at 2822 South Prairie on August 31, 1958. Condemned in 1998 due to crime and condition, the buildings were demolished between 2000 and 2001. Color photo is current street view.
1950 - The C. Collier Apartments Remodel, Kimbark Avenue, Chicago IL.
1950 - The John Bixby House, Flossmoor IL.
1950 - The J. J. Breslin House, Wausau WI.
1950 - The John Frets House, Dune Acres IN.
1950 - The Lawrence Grubman Remodel/Addition, 2810 Estes Avenue, Chicago IL.
1950 - Solar House. 3 Bedrooms.
1950 - The Robert Cocroft House, 501 Hunter Road, Glenview IL. Sold in 1997 to Zoran and Mirjana Vicentic.
1950 - The Norman Gluckman House, 1623 Sylvan Court, Flossmoor IL. Dining room and family room addition in 1967 by Deever Rockwell. Sold to Maurice Fitts Page. Sold in 2021 to Courtney and Bernard Hightower.
1950 - The Joseph Frumkin House, 15510 West 185th Avenue, Lowell IN. Additions by Keck in 1960. Sold to Richard and Stacy Hiller.
1950 - The Robert Pickin Remodel, 1228 East 56th Street, Chicago IL. Professor’s row house designed in 1904 by Mann, MacNeille, and Lineberg. Another remodel in 1970 by interior designer Marianne Willisch. Sold in 2020 to Brent Doiron and Anne-Marie Oswald.
1950 - The Gerald Gidwitz Remodel, Le Moyne and Woodbine Avenue, Highland Park IL.
1950 - The Alvin C. Gottlieb House, Oak Park IL. Presumed unbuilt.
1950 - The Jack Telander House, Hinsdale IL. Newspaper photos are from a 1956 article in the Chicago Tribune.
1950 - The Leander McCormick House, Lake Forest IL. Presumed unbuilt.
1950 - The Daniel J. Boorstin House, Cambridge Avenue, Flossmoor IL.
1950 - The Robert Schaub House, Whiting IN.
1950-51 - The William E. Neuman House, Yorkshire Drive, DuPage County IL.
1950-51 - The H. E. Anderson House, Bensenville IL. Possible address: 4N150 Pine Grove Avenue. Sold to James and Gina Mellenthin. Currently for sale.
1950-52 - The Arthur Caplin House, 956 Bob-O-Link, Highland Park IL. 1957 update, no architect listed. Sold to Charles E. and Ruth Provow.
1951 - The G. Whitehorn House, Northville MI.
1951 - The Leonard Fieroh House, 69th Avenue, Palos Hills IL. Mr. Fieroh worked for Jack Telander, whose home was designed by the Kecks.
1951 - The Marshall Goldman House, 430 South Evanslawn Avenue, Aurora IL. Later addition in 1977 by Keck for the Snell family. It is now owned by Aurora University and is the Wackerlin Center for Faith and Action. A former owner indicated that the architect spent several days living with the owners before designing the house in order to incorporate their lifestyle into the design. Features include a large span of full height windows to bring the outdoors inside; flat roof; use of natural materials; and built-in storage facilities. Other innovations include a series of louvered openings to allow fresh air inside, located behind doors on the outside walls. A variation of the open plan allows areas to be closed off by sliding doors.
1951 - The Jack S. Dempsey House, Flossmoor IL.
1951 - The Herman Grossman House, 815 Tostenabe Lane, North Muskegon MI. Additions and alterations by Keck in 1959-62. Sold in 2011 to Leonard Corey.
The original owner was the owner of Grossman's Department Store, which had several locations throughout MI. The Muskegon store closed in 1972. Rosalind Grossman as a principal partner in the stores and later in life moved to Tucson, where her son was living.
1951 - The Lorraine Creek House, Palos Park IL. Keck also did alterations in 1961.
1951 - The Sigmund Kunstadter House, 1436 Waverly Road, Highland Park IL. Additions in 1971. Sold to Vivian Lichter or Kaplan. House was demolished in 2001. Second photo is new house.
1951 - The Jack Olivier House, Sherbrooke Avenue, Quebec Canada.
1951 - The Cassius Winkelman House, 934 Ross Avenue, Wausau WI. Sold to Robert and Stella Dudley in the 1960s or 1970s. Sold to Casimir and Ottilia Stralkowski. Sold to Rosalie Mosher. Jessica Mosher, Rosalie's daughter, appears to be the owner from other records.
1951 - The Small House Project.
1951 - The J. W. Stracke House. Presumed unbuilt.
1951 - The Frederick Weiss House, Holbrook Road, Flossmoor IL.
1951 - The Charles C. Doe House, Flossmoor IL.
1951 - The Harold Friedman Construction Co., Forest Crest Subdivision, Glencoe IL. Five different house plans in neighborhood; said to have built 22 houses. Encompassed Carol Lane and Terrace Court.
1146 Carol Lane, Glencoe IL
1212 Carol Lane, Glencoe IL
1177 Terrace Court, Glencoe IL
1180 Terrace Court, Glencoe IL
1951-52 - Multiple homes for Edward Creagh.
1951-52 - The Art Gordon House, 240 Country Club Road, Chicago Heights IL. Sold to Jim Calabrese. Sold in 2007 to Joyce Myles. Sold in 2019 to Mikel Rosenthal. Original photos by Hedrich Blessing.
1951-52 - The Glen Smith House, Palos Oaks IL.
1951-52 - The George Watkins House, 1644 Cambridge Avenue, Flossmoor IL. Sold in the late 1950s to Mike and Sue Tennenbaum. Sold in 1983, demolished between 1988 and 1998, and new 8,100 sf house built.
1951-52 - The Solomon Sachs House, 182 Lapier Street, Glencoe IL. Additions in 1953 and 1965. Sold for the first time in 2019 to Robert and Nicole Reifman. Joshua Sachs, the son of the original owners said he felt that the new owners were interested in preserving the house. Two days after the sale, they obtained a demolition permit and the house was demolished. New house built by Newgard Homes and Steve Aisen, who represented the buyers in the sale and also said no demolition permit had been obtained, the day prior to the demo permit. New house in aerial.
1951-52 - The Lorenz Alan Sulzenfuss House, Lombard IL.
1951-52 and 1954 - The Don McNeill House, Healy Road, Dundee IL. Don McNeill appears to have been a radio broadcaster with his name in the paper every day.
1952 - The Joseph Taylor House, Tottenham Road, Birmingham MI.
1952 - The Bryan Drachman House, 9 Thornwood Drive, Flossmoor IL. Sold in the mid-1960s to Arthur Salm, who hired the Keck's to do a remodel in 1977. The remodel appears to have been primarily interior, since historic aerials shows no exterior changes before or after 1977. Sold to Andre Latia. Sold in 2013 to Henry and Ashley Bianchi.
1952 - The Linstead House.
1952 - The Clarence Shaw House, 3064 Rivermont Road, Chattanooga TN. The only Keck house in the state of Tennessee. Sold for the first time in 2001 to Jeff and Sharon Morris, who updated the house but stayed within the same details and framework of the original home. A studio designed to match the original home was added in 2001 to be later converted into a master bedroom. The Shaws left the original plans and other paperwork with the house. The Morrises wrote a beautiful brochure for the sale of the house, complete with details on the original owners, the updates, and the architects: https://lodestar-creative.com/images/portfolio/Shaw-House/Keck-Shaw-House-Marketing-Brochure.pdf. Photos above are from the brochure. Sold in 2013 to Brenda Etheredge Brickhouse and Carl Wade.
1952 - The Christine Hahn House, Dwight IL.
1952 - The Walter Blucher House, Flossmoor IL. Walter H. Blucher was a well-known planner and executive director of the American Society of Planning Officials.
1952 - The J. R. Calloway Brown House, Dune Acres WI. Alterations in 1969. May be on RR3.
1952 - The George Beers House, 1620 Cambridge Avenue, Flossmoor IL. For sale in 1984. Sold circa 2005 to David and Susan Mekarski. Sold in 2019 to Newrez LLC.
1952 - The Hefty House.
1952 - The R. B. Smith House, La Grange IL. Alterations in 1956.
1952-53 - The Hy C. Hammer Remodel, Itasca IL.
1952-53 - The Wayne Scheppele, 16W700 Forestview Road, Corner of Ridgewood Avenue, Bensonville IL. Listed as Ridgewood Avenue in Keck archive.
1952-53 - The Robert S. and Dorothy Feldman House, 1380 Miami Road, Benton Harbor MI. Additions in 1960. Sold to Mark A. Huske. Sold in 2010 to Robert Swearingen Jr. Sold in December 2022 or January 2023.
1952-53 - The Edwin D. Tukey House, 222 Otis Road, Barrington IL. Demolished mid-1990s. Current house pictured above.
1953 - The Jeanne Chandler House, Oconomowoc WI.
1953 - The George Carlson House, Vernon Avenue, Glencoe IL.
1953 - The M. P. Christensen House, 4100 Haven Avenue, Racine WI. Christensen helped design the home.It wasn't until 1977 that the house is recognized in the paper as a Keck house. Designed with 5 garages for Christensen's car collection. Sold to Tom Benson. Sold in 2009 to John Hnilicka and Chuck Cushing.
1953 - The Ralph Wagner Remodel, Cedarville MI.
1953 - The H. J. Hilland Remodel, Waupaca WI.
1953 - The Lyle F. Yeges House, Downers Grove IL.
1953-54 - The Olympia Woods Development Trust House, Olympia Fields IL. John McPherson was the other architect involved. Crest Construction Co. was the builder. Between 132 and 152 houses. Images are examples from an advertisement that doesn’t specify the architect.
1953-54 - The Louis Jaffe House, 7910 West Cortland Street, Elmwood Park IL. Additions/alterations in 1965. For sale in mid-1980's. Sold in 2018.
1953-54 - Apartment Building Remodel, South Western Avenue, Chicago IL. Additions 1958 and 1964.
1953-54 - The Perry Goldman House, North Harding Avenue, Chicago IL.
1953-54 - The Mark van Gelder House, Highland Park IL.
1953-55 - The Edward McCormick Blair House, Sheridan Road, Lake Bluff IL. In 2014, representatives of the Blair family filed a request to tear the house down. The local preservation board applied for landmark status for the house in 2015 but couldn't stop the demolition process, and it was torn down in 2016. The vacant property was for sale until 2020 when it finally sold.
1954 - Bildrock Co. House. Designed for the American Bildrock Co. of Chicago IL.
1954 - The Robert and Katie Elmore House, 29 Country Club Road, Olympia Fields IL. One of the homes built in the new Olympia Fields development from 1953-54 listing. Bedrooms have built-in cabinets. The second owner remodeled to preserve the original aesthetic. Sold in 1994 to Terryl DeBruin. Sold in 2022 to Melissa Marquez and Lee Zelanik.
1954 - The Northbrook Residential Trust, Northbrook IL. 28 homes started in September 1954.
1954 - The Richard A. and Betty Teninga House, Olympia Woods IL. This was probably a house in the Olympia Fields development.
1954 - The Robert D. Deutsch Remodel, Glencoe IL. Possible address 1212 Carol Lane. Sold in 2002 to Michael Pinsky. Sold in 2016 to Jessica Katz. Sold in 2021 to Arthur Rhodes.
1954 - The Art Boecler House, Olympia Fields, IL. Probably another house in the Olympia Fields neighborhood.
1954 - The Gerald Eble House, 721-723 South 6th Street, Terra Haute IN. Now condominiums. There was a 1956 court case brought against the owner for failure to pay for the completion of the drawing. Sold to Oakdale Enterprises, Jacob Kamm.
1954 - The Theodore Stone Remodel, 5528 South Woodlawn Avenue, Chicago IL. Original date of home is prior to 1904; built for opera star George Hamlin by architect James Gamble Rogers. Sold in 1970 to Bruce Schimberg. Sold in 2019 to Caryl Gout and Philippe Guyot-Sionnest, who live there as well as operate the home as the Hamlin House Bed and Breakfast.
1954 - The Reba Banks Remodel, North Muskegon MI.
1954 - The Walter Gray House, 7 Graymoor Lane, Olympia Fields IL. Part of the 1953 Olympia Fields development. New roof added in 1961. Remodel in 1968 for the Nemeth family. Sold in 2003 to Patrick Shaw. Sold in 2010 to Curline West.
1954 - The Louis Corbetta House, Winnetka IL.
1954 - The Harry Zisook Row Houses, 49th Street, Chicago IL. Zisook was a developer.
1954-55 - The Grant C. Keck House, Mill Neck NY.
1954-55 - The Lawrence Hill House, Ashtabula OH. Possible address 1800 Highland Lane. Sold to Joseph and Helen Jammal, both now deceased, although Helen's still listed as the trustee.
1954-55 - The Milton Rusteen House, 1325 Sheridan Road, Wilmette IL. Sold in 2018 to Naseer Amr Fazli.
1955 - The Zisook Row Houses, 83rd Street, Chicago IL.
1955 - FHA Housing #335, Apartment Building, South Shore Drive, Chicago IL.
1955 - The Perry Construction Co. Type A, B & C House Plans and Plot Plan, Olympia Fields, IL.
1955 - The Perry Construction Co. Type AA, BB, CC & DD House Plans and Plot Plan.
1955 - The George Newman House, Flossmoor IL.
1955 - The Paul Weinger House, Dean Avenue, Highland Park IL.
1955 - The George Shropshear Remodel, 1529 South Drexel, Chicago IL. Apartment house built ca. 1915; no specific unit found.
1955 - The Koehneman House. Presumed unbuilt.
1955 - The Harold E. Levin House, 5 Graymoor Lane, Olympia Fields IL. Sold to Derek Vanderpool. Sold in 2006 to Matthew Levy.
1955 - The Henry Kazmierczak House, South Coles Avenue, Chicago IL.
1955 - The David Minsk House, 2707 Gemini Lane, Deerfield IL. Remodeled in 1968 for Wayne Webb. Sold in 1986 to Gary and Joan Gand.
1955 - The John Schroeder House, Park Avenue, Charlevoiz MI.
1955-56 - The Walter Placko House, 28 West Road, Dune Acres IN. Sold in 2019. Photos from early 2019.
1955-56 - The David Upton House, 200 Ridgeway Street, St. Joseph MI. Still owned by David’s second wife, Linda Upton. The second story was added in 1988 by Stephen Byrnes. The rectangle with a flat roof and a large expanse of glass encompasses an inner courtyard. David Upton was the son of the founders of Whirlpool Corporation and Tabor Hill Winery.
1955-56 - The Leonard Gilbert House, 1224 Oak Street, Winnetka IL. Sold in 1959. Sold ca. 1969 to Paul and Suellen Holtgrave. Sold in 2000 to Young Ja Kim. Sold in 2009 to Daniel Coon. Sold in 2015 to Jennifer Ehrhard. Sold in 2017 to Joshua Yates.
1955-57 - The Robert Mischi House, 151 Maple Avenue, Highland Park IL. Addition in 1965. Sold in 2020 to Robert and Candice Dalrymple.
1955-59 - The Ben Marcus House, Bear Lake, North Muskegon MI.
1956 - The Ogden White House, 1057 East Illinois Road, Lake Forest IL. It was built of Lennon stone and cedar siding according to the real estate ad in 1965. Demolished. New house built 1993.
1956 - The Thomas E. Hagen House, Olympia Woods IL.
1956 - The Charles L. Heater Remodel, Flossmoor IL.
1956 - The Harold Katz House, 1180 Terrace Court, Glencoe IL. Signature Keck built-ins in bedroom. Sold for the first time in 2010 to Bernard Lincicome. Sold in 2020 to Darko and Jeina Arandjelovic.
1956 - The De E. Daggitt House, 484 Ridgeway, St. Joseph MI. Sold in late 1970s to Janet Gast. Sold in 2005 to Ted and Judy Kirshenbaum, who are still the owners.
1956 - The F. Hagemann House, Olympia Fields IL. Probably in the Olympia Woods development.
1956 - The Seymour Ruch Addition, Carol Lane, Glencoe IL.
1956 - The William Sipp House, 6N061 Rte 53, Itasca IL. Address also shows as Rohlwing Road in 1950s.
1956 - Anonymous House Plan, Olympia Woods IL.
1956 - The Raymond Zuchowski House, East 83rd Street, Chicago IL.
1956 - aka The 6 Room House, Yates Avenue, Chicago IL.
1956 - The Lewis Weinberg Remodel, 528 Elder Lane, Winnetka IL. Original house built in 1920.
1956 - The A. J. Borah Alterations, 218 Brinker Road, Barrington IL. Alterations to original 1947 J. T. Kelley House. Presumed demolished.
1955 - The Edward McCormick Blair House, Lake Bluff IL.
Around 1962 - The Frank E. Payne House, Box 398, Springtown PA. Featured in Architectural Record Houses of 1962. Built by J. Illick; landscape design, McCloud and Scatchard; photos by Joseph Molitor. Status unknown.
Around 1963 - The Milton Hirsch House, Highland Park IL. Built by R. H. Roberts; landscape design by Atkinson and Fitsgerald; interiors, Marianne Willisch; photos by Hedrick-Blessing.
1964 - The James Schramm Residence, Burlington IA. Featured in Architectural Record Houses of 1966. Photos by Hedrick-Blessing; built by Ray M. Anderson. Status unknown.
Around 1967 - The Norman Karlin Townhouse, Chicago IL. Built by Nathan Linn and Sons; photos by Hedrick-Blessing. Featured in Architectural Record Houses of 1967. Status unknown.
Year unknown - The Robert Hohf House, Kenilworth IL.
Year unknown - The Herbert Bruning House, Wilmette IL.
Sources include: Architectural Record; Arts & Architecture; AIA Journal; Keck and Keck by Robert Boyce; the Wisconsin Historical Society.