The Federal Architect was published from 1930 to 1946 by the Association of Federal Architects. The quarterly publication was edited by Edwin Bateman Morris of the Office of the Supervising Architect. That now-defunct Office was responsible for the design and construction of public buildings across the country. The magazine presented projects from the OSA as well as the War Department’s Construction Division, the Veterans Bureau, the Navy Department’s Bureau of Yards and Docks, and the National Capital Park and Planning Commission.
Click a link to view a magazine in PDF format. In Windows, right-click to save and download. The magazine files are large. Depending on connection speed, access may take a few minutes.